The national symbols of Rwanda are the flag, the motto, the Coats of Arms and the national anthem.
|The Flag||The Coats of Arms|
The blue band represents happiness and peace, the yellow band symbolizes economic development, and the green band symbolizes the hope of prosperity. The sun represents enlightenment.
The motto of the Republic is: UNITY, WORK and PATRIOTISM.
The Coats of Arms
The meaning of each element is as follows:
- Motto: Ubumwe (Unity), Umurimo (work) and Gukunda igihugu (patriotism)
- Green ring with a knot: development through hard work
- The sun: transparency and enlightenment
- The sorghum and coffee: diversified agricultural production
- Basket: Rwandan culture of saving, solidarity and sharing
- Cog wheel: science and technology and industrial development
- Shields: patriotism and defense of national sovereignty
The National Anthem
The national anthem is "RWANDA NZIZA".